E46 5 Speed Heavy Duty Transmission Brace
Did you know we price match?
E46 5 Speed Heavy Duty Transmission Brace- 325, 330
The E46 5 speed Heavy Duty Transmission Brace is finally here! Replacing the transmission brace on your E46 should not be a repeated occurrence. Replace it once, and never worry about it breaking again with our fully laser cut, precision bent, and tig welded units made in house in Westminster, CA. These units are powder-coated a flat black for a sleek look and durable finish to withstand the elements.
This is also the correct transmission for the popular 5-speed conversion on E46 M3 track cars. E46 M3 racecars swap out the factory 6-speed transmission for a 5-speed from an E36 M3 (or E46 330) for a few big reasons.
- Lighter weight transmission at about 38 lbs. lighter than the factory 6-speed transmission
- Same gearing internally (1st through 5th)
- No need for 6th gear (overdrive) at the track
- Cheaper replacement costs. 5-speed transmissions are considerably cheaper than the e46 m3 6-speed units.
- More affordable clutch choices
- Only Modifications are to add 3.7" to OEM E46 M3 driveshaft (The appropriate shifter/or solid mount shifter should be ordered for this change)
When you are out driving on the street or pushing your car to its limit on the track, it can be outright frightening for your OEM aluminum transmission brace to fail and break. Not to mention the possibility for major damage to the rest of the car! Even if you have not experienced an OEM transmission brace failing on you yet, you will definitely want to consider upgrading the brace. Through years of building and racing home-brewed BMWs, we've learned from experience that prevention is better than any cure. We are big believers of reinforcing and strengthening any weak points on our cars before doing other modifications. Having a strong base will set the car up nicely for power modifications in the future and will give you the peace of mind to push the car without worrying if it will make it to the next lap.
Features of our E46 Heavy Duty Transmission Brace include:
M10 sized transmission mount holes to allow for E21 transmission bushings (OEM + upgrade for those not wanting to run polyurethane or solid transmission bushings) Link to these bushings can be found here
Additional exhaust clearance
Black powder coat comes standard for protection against the elements
Thick 11 gauge steel construction is significantly stronger than the OEM aluminum and has incorporated bracing
This brace fits the following E46 models:
- BMW E46 325i (all body styles)
- BMW E46 330i (all body styles)
- BMW E46 M3s with 5-speed conversions only
- (NOT CONFIRMED ON M3 with 6 speeds or 328 yet)